Monday, March 17, 2014

Remembering India

This week marks 1 year since my return from India. Once I cut of my hair, it felt freeing. A new start for me; Mind, Body & Soul. As I began my Kurly Journey I was Blessed to travel to Mumbai, India. After making the 22 hour trip, I was greeted by my two friends, who were so generous enough to invite me. I was hosted by the most Beautiful couple. They welcomed me into their home for 3 weeks.

I was so scared to my Big Chop; I was afraid of what people were going say, how they would react at work, and how I would look.  But after making the decision to JUST DO IT, I swear things started happening. It's like the universe could see my new found confidence and this opportunity presented itself.  The best way to describe it was like EAT, PRAY, LOVE. I made this trip alone without my husband, a huge decision to travel to the other side of the world by myself. Of course he was supportive, but this was an awesome chance for me to focus on me. I learned to Meditate. The goal of meditation is to focus and quiet your mind, eventually reaching a higher level of awareness and inner calm.  As you grow more mature and learn to really get in touch with who you, I wonder am I living my best life?  The world is so much bigger than where you are, I am glad I am able to go and see it.



My living space while in India was relaxing and homie. My host resides in a two bedroom apartment with large windows that invited in the sun everyday. It was very nice and peaceful, but at night, I could hear the beeping of Tuk Tuks as the Indain winds flowed over my bed.

Decoration consisted of Gurus and family photos. Wooden furniture, marble floors and colorful fabrics. I was fascinated and thankful to be in the authentic native space.




Located on the 4th floor the view was of the streets Thane.  Thane, Maharashtra which is located about 30 minutes outside of the city.  From my window I could see the mountain in Sanjay Gandhi National Park.

Indian Cuisine
 
 
Puri
 
Street Food 
Tuk Tuk
The Beach
The Hanging Gardens


The Gateway of India


Thank you for stopping by!
I hope you will subscribe and I will give you more.
See you on my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment